POSITION: Senior RF Design Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
Based in San Jose, CA, we are a fast-growing optical and RF components company that develops custom MMICs and multichip modules (MCM) targeting the medium and long-haul optical transmission market as well as high-performance test and measurement and broadband communications markets. We are currently seeking a Sr. RF Design Engineer.
As a member of the engineering team, the ideal candidate will be capable of deign and layout of high speed microwave and/or mixed signals products for Telecom and RF market using various technologies from GaAs, pHEMT, InP, HBT, and SiGe. They should be able to complete test and characterization of products and provide contribution to the production transfer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
- Verification of models of adopted technology and related improvements/corrections associated to related documentation.
- Design and complete feasibility analysis on assigned high speed IC products.
- Prepare documentation for design reviews according to NPI company process.
- Assess reliability of design with support of quality team.
- Test final products and report data in DVT reports.
- Provide contribution for production transfer.
- Follow guidance and procedures required by direct manager.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, electronics or related field
- Must have hands on experience in high speed circuit topologies and standard CAD tools like ADS and Cadence design flow
- Deep knowledge of GaAs and SiGe process design acquired through at least 6 years of proven experience in the industry.
The job description outlined above represents the primary job duties and requirements of this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills, and is subject to change during the course of employment.