Dobsonian telescopes are considered to be some of the best telescopes the universe has to offer. Popularized by their creator, John Dobson, these telescopes are large and sturdy but surprisingly lightweight at the same time. Highly preferred by both amateur and professional astronomers alike, 10 inch Dobsonian telescopes are perfect for viewing distant galaxies, star clusters and nebulae that are unseen to the human eye.
Best 10 Inch Dobsonian Telescopes
Here are our reviews of the best 10 inch Dobsonian telescopes.
Built with professionals in mind, Orion has yet again, pushed the envelope and put a modern spin on these classical telescopes, allowing for even finer details to be examined while observing deep sky objects
- Made from superior quality materials
- Completely computerized and automated mount is capable of quickly locating over 14,000 objects from its built-in database.
- Comes complete with a right-angled, correct-image finderscope.
This telescope, from Zhummell, is underrated in our opinion. Complete with amazing optics and parabolic mirrors that eliminate aberrations, this telescope delivers an amazing image of deep sky objects.
- This large telescope breaks down into smaller components making it great for transportation.
- Built-in laser collimator for easy aligning
- Comes complete with a precision dual-speed focuser
Featuring one of the quickest set up and takedown rates on the marke, this telescope, form Mead Instruments, can be transported anywhere. Thanks to its diffraction limited optics, this telescope has been proven to out-perform similar models.
- Designed with new anti-reflection coating
- Automatic focuser for speed and detail
- 1-year warranty
This kit, from Orion, is perfect for both amateurs and professionals alike. Use this Dobsonian telescope for striking views of the moon, planets, galaxies and nebulae.
- Includes beginner’s kit with plentiful resources for new stargazers
- Constructed with a Crayford focuser and EZ Finder aiming device
- Lightweight and easy to assemble/disassemble
10 Inch Dobsonian Telescope Buyer’s Guide
The universe just got a whole lot smaller…or bigger, depending on how you look at it. Dobsonian telescopes are constructed using a classic design and are built to last, fashioned with superior materials. As with any products, there are a few things to consider before making your purchase.
Our buyer’s guide is here to help you make the best choice money can buy when it comes to purchasing one of these marvels of technology.
Below are a few common features and things to think about before making your decision and final purchase.
It’s no secret that some of these telescopes can be quite pricy. If you’re on a bit of a tight budget, it is recommended that you go for the best quality telescope in your price range and worry about accessories later.
Many people are shocked by the sheer size of Dobsonian telescopes. If limited space is a factor, a Dobsonian may not be for you. Look up and pay attention to exact measurements and specs before making your final purchase.
As we mentioned before, these things are big; think about what you’ll be using it for. If you’ll be using your Dobsonian for outreach, look for a model that is lightweight, simple to setup and breakdown. If transportation is not a factor, than any model, portable or not, will suffice.
Alt-azimuth mounts are straight forward and affordable compared to equatorial mounts which are tricky to use, heavy and less transportable, not to mention, expensive. Keep an eye out for alt-azimuth mounts, which make set-up as easy as placing the mount on the ground and setting the telescope on top of it.
- Best Telescopes
- Best Telescopes Under $200
- Best Telescopes for Kids
- Best Reflector Telescopes
- Best Refractor Telescopes
- Best Beginner Telescopes
- Best Telescopes for Astrophotography
- Best Catadioptric Telescopes
- Best Dobsonian Telescope
- Best Cheap Telescope
- Best Telescope Eyepiece
- Best Amateur Telescope
- Best Telescope for Viewing Planets and Galaxies
- Best Telescope Under $300
- Best Telescope Under $100