Many people enjoy using binoculars but don’t want to spend a fortune on top of the line brands. The ideal cheap binoculars should be easy to use, offer good quality, and of course, be very affordable. We have put together a list of cheap binoculars that you can buy when next you’re looking to spice up your vacation.
Best Cheap Binoculars
Below, we take a look at our top five cheap binoculars the market has to offer.
1. CELESTRON OUTLAND X BINOCULARS
Whether you’re into birdwatching or love attending concerts, the Celestron Outland X is the perfect all-round binoculars for you. They are highly durable and lightweight and also boast of impressive functionality. It boasts of impressive contrast, magnification, and aperture, and comes with an ergonomic rubber-coated handle.
- Multi-coated optics for high resolution and contrast views and also, BaK-4 prisms for better colour fidelity
- Magnification of 10X, Diameter of 42mm, eye relief of 14mm, Angular field of view of 5.6° and also waterproof and fog proof
- Protective rubber wrapping for durability and twist-up eyecups for easy adjustment.
2. MARSUPIAL GEAR BINOCULAR PACK
The Marsupial gear binocular pack is ideal for those who are into hunting and comes with detachable safety straps. The pack also comes with enough space to keep your things and is made of high-quality materials.
- The front lid makes use of neodymium magnets and folds out of the way to allow optics to be nestled in the open pouch
- Enough storage space for your lens cloth, cell phone, wind checker and anything else you may want to carry along
- Comes with detachable safety straps.
3. NIKON 12×50 ACULON A211 BINOCULARS
This pair of binoculars is very portable and user friendly. Its impressive eye relief is great for those who wear glasses and it is designed to yield excellent image quality. It comes with a rubber-coated handle for a solid comfortable grip and boasts of impressive range.
- Made with Aspherical multicoated Eco-Glass lenses for clearer and brighter images
- Twist-out rubber eyecups for a comfortable viewing experience
- Fully covered with rubber for durability.
4. NIKON PROSTAFF 3S BINOCULARS
The Nikon Prostaff 3s binoculars are very lightweight and comes with features that emphasize great contrast and superb image sharpness. It is easy to use and is both water and fog proof.
- Excellent image quality.
- Adjustable eye relief.
- Fogproof and waterproof.
5. CELESTRON NATURE DX 8×42
This product boasts of better image quality than other binoculars for beginners. It is made from very high-quality materials for durability and ergonomics. It boasts of impressive magnification and is easy to carry around.
- Sharp images even in conditions of low light
- Great resolution and contrast
- Impressive magnification, water and fog proof.
Cheap Binoculars Buying Guide
There are a few things to look out for when buying a pair of cheap binoculars at the store or online. The fact that a pair of binoculars is cheap does not mean it should lack in functionality.
This buying guide outlines a set of factors you should look out for when scouting for a cheap pair of binoculars to ensure you go with a product that will yield the best value for money.
one of the most important things to look out for is the magnification. It places a measure on how detailed or large, a distant object will appear through the eyepiece. The magnification is proportional to the range of the binoculars and a greater value means more defined details. On average, magnifications between 7x and 12x are the best for regular use and anything above for more advanced users.
The aperture of a binocular pair places a value on the diameter of the objective lens. A greater aperture allows the gadget to accommodate more light and hence greater image quality. Greater aperture values also mean better performance in low-light conditions. Binoculars and any other optical device in general, get bigger and heavier as the aperture increases.
Lens Quality and Coating
The best lenses yield excellent colors and image contrast. Another important quality to look out for is the lens coating. These chemicals are deposited in layers and serve to reduce light reflection and allow more incident light to pass through effectively.
The best cheap binoculars should be weatherproof. For people who live in foggy or rainy areas, the binoculars you go for should resist the infiltration of water and fogging of the lenses. This will ensure the binoculars stay in optimum condition for long and yield excellent image quality in different weather conditions.