A spotting scope is available in different price ranges. There are high-end ones that offer some great features but also expect you to shell out a large sum of money. Then there are also those that fall on the lower end of the price spectrum but are also great products to invest in. They do not skimp on providing great features and are perhaps an even better investment than the high-end spotting scopes because of the value for money they provide.
The following are six of the best spotting scopes under $100. The reviews of the scopes are followed by a buying guide for finding the right scope under $100 for you.
Best Spotting Scopes Under $100
Here are our under $100 spotting scope reviews.
The Emarth Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope is an instrument with high magnification and ergonomic design. It has fully multi-coated lenses and has a BAK4 roof prism that emits the right amount of light for the lens. The scope comes with lifetime VIP customer service that ensures you are a satisfied customer.
- The scope comes with an impressive zoom magnification range which is adjustable from 20x to 60x, with a field of view of 39-19 m/1000 m.
- The scope has a durable construction and is protected by a rubber armor which gives the user a firm grip.
- The eyepiece is adjustable and you can rotate it sideways in order to get a viewing position that you are comfortable with.
The Roxant Authentic Blackbird High-Definition Spotting Scope is a compact instrument that can be carried around with ease in its own carrying case. It is the ideal spotting scope for use outdoors for camping, hiking, observing nature, etc. You will also get a lifetime replacement guarantee with this product.
- The scope has an eyepiece angled at 45 degrees so you can get a comfortable viewing position.
- The scope has a weatherproof construction and has a rubber armor that prevents it from slipping. You will be thankful for this non-slip grip in case of rain or humidity.
- The optics in this scope are military grade and the optical glass has a BAK4 Prism which allows more light into the scope even in low-light settings.
The Gosky HD Spotting Scope has an adjustable zoom magnification thanks to which you can lock into your target and then zoom in further for details. This is the ideal scope for target shooting, hunting, archery, birdwatching, etc. It has a strong, durable construction.
- The scope comes with a fully multi-coated objective lens with a green film. This lens too is attached to a BAK4 Porro prism for greater illumination.
- It has a rubber armor that prevents it from slipping and falling by accident. The grip is also shockproof and makes the scope durable.
- The scope has a waterproof design thanks to an O-ring sealing that prevents dust, dirt and debris from entering and damaging the lens.
The Huicocy Spotting Scope comes with a wide field of view. It has a 60 mm objective lens and lets in a lot of light that produces a bright and clear image even in low light. It has a rubber armor construction that protects it in different types of weather and circumstances.
- The scope has a high zoom magnification from 20x to 60x and is angled at 45 degrees. It has a viewing range of 39-19 m/1000 m.
- It comes with a free tabletop tripod and a mounting kit for greater ease of use.
- The scope has an adjustable eyepiece which can be extended or retracted depending on whether or not you are wearing glasses.
The Celestron Landscout Spotting Scope comes with fully coated optics that allow greater light in for better and brighter images. The scope is not too large and is lightweight enough to carry around with ease. You can pack it easily into a bag for a hiking or camping trip.
- The scope comes with a rotating tripod mount and the eyepiece is also adjustable so you can find the best viewing position.
- The scope comes with an adjustable magnification of 10-30x with a rubber grip that allows you to adjust magnification with ease.
- There is a large focus wheel that comes with a durable rubber grip, allowing you to focus on the subject you are looking to observe. This works just as smoothly even if you are wearing gloves.
The Landove Waterproof Spotting Scope has a 65 mm, fully multi-coated green film objective lens with a dynamic lens focusing system. This is a great scope to use for target shooting, hunting, bird watching, marine observation, astronomy, etc. It also comes with a carrying case, protective covers for the eyepiece and lens, cleaning cloth and more.
- The scope has a variable magnification from 20x to 60x that allows you to enjoy a wide field of view as well as close ups.
- The scope comes with a digiscoping cell phone adapter so you can take photographs and videos of the things you observe through the scope.
- The scope is also waterproof and fog proof as it has been sealed thoroughly, making it usable in different weather conditions.
Finding the Right Spotting Scope Under $100 for You
If you are looking for a spotting scope under $100 there are several options you will find. There are plenty of budget spotting scopes on the market that provide great features and is as good as some of the high-end spotting scopes, barring some features. If you have a budget of under 100, the following are some of the factors you may want to consider before settling on a product.
Can the scope be carried around with ease? This depends on the size and weight of the scope. A compact spotting scope can be packed easily into a bag and taken on a hike or camping trip. When a scope is portable, it is easier to use it for a variety of different activities, especially if those activities are outdoors. But a lightweight scope should also be sturdy. It is important for a spotting scope to be portable and easy to carry and manage, but it should not be at the cost of quality.
Just because you are spending slightly less money on the scope does not mean you should be shortchanged on quality, as has been expressly mentioned in the point above. A spotting scope that is under 100 should also be durable and should last you as long as a high-end one lasts. The material of the scope should be sturdy and reliable. Most of the scopes that have been reviewed above come with a rubber armor that makes the scope shockproof, non-slip and in some cases even weatherproof. Some of the scopes also have O-ring sealing that prevents moisture, dust and dirt from entering the lens and damaging it. A shade for the eyepiece also prevents glare and protects it in case the weather takes a turn for the worse.
How versatile a scope is is dictated by how many different activities you can perform using it. A good spotting scope is one that is great for target shooting and hunting as it is for general bird watching and for observing nature. A versatile spotting scope is one that provides good value for money and is not limited to any one activity. All scopes mentioned above are versatile in this sense and are great for use in different conditions and for different activities.
- Best Spotting Scopes
- Best Spotting Scope for Hunting
- Best Spotting Scopes for Target Shooting
- Best Compact Spotting Scopes
- Best Spotting Scope for Digiscoping
- Best Budget Spotting Scopes
- Best Spotting Scope Phone Adapters
- Best Spotting Scope Tripods
- Best Spotting Scope for Birding
- Best Spotting Scopes Under $200
- Best Spotting Scopes Under $500
- Best Spotting Scopes for 1,000 yards
- Best Compact Spotting Scope for Hunting
- Best Spotting Scope for 100 yards
- Best Spotting Scope for Astronomy
- Best Spotting Scope Window Mount