Yes, just at its name suggests, apartment spying is the art of snooping on your neighbours in an apartment nearby or across the street. Although this type of spying can be achieved via the naked eye, you can get a much better view into your neighbour’s lives via the use of a sleek and compact, high-end telescope.
Let’s take a look at some of the best telescopes on the market for apartment spying.
Best Telescopes for Apartment Spying
Here are our reviews of the best telescopes for apartment spying.
As one of the leading brands of telescopes on the market, the Orion Table Top telescope, had to make the top of this list. One of the smallest telescopes you’ll come across, this telescope is highly preferred for apartment spying.
- Produces high-quality images
- So compact, it can sit on any table top or window ledge
- Extremely portable, can be held in one hand
This telescope is thin and compact, making it great for all spying purposes. Complete with a sturdy tripod, set this telescope in an unassuming corner for great views of your neighbourhood.
- Coated glass and internally blackened tube eliminates light pollution
- Comes with perfect spying accessories such as a diagonal mirror, eyepieces and a Barlow lens.
- Sturdy tripod included makes object tracking easy
This highly compact telescope is great for both travelers and apartment dwellers alike. Simply detach this compact telescope from its tripod, place it in a backpack and take it anywhere.
- Easy-to-use design
- Comes with all the accessories you need to get started right away
- Simple setup, no tools required
As this is an entry-level telescope, it’s perfect for apartment spying as it’s not designed to be looking into deep space—the magnification levels are perfect for checking out the neighbourhood.
- Complete with tripod and equatorial mount for stability and subject tracking
- Complete with all of the accessories you need to get stared right away
- Produces high-quality images
This telescope is perfect for apartment spying at anytime, day or night. Don’t let its small size fool you, this 80mm telescope produces high-quality imaging.
- Lightweight and highly transportable
- Includes backpack, red dot finder scope, erect-image diagonal and tripod
- Performs well with both high and low levels of magnification
Telescopes for Apartment Spying Buyer’s Guide
Because telescopes are not normally marketed toward “apartment spying”, you have to know what you’re looking for when navigating the market. As you don’t need high levels of magnification for apartment spying, a low priced, entry-level telescope will do the job just fine. However, there are a few things to keep an eye out for when making your selection. Our buyer’s guide is here to help you make the best purchase for all of your spying needs.
When spying, you want a device that is rather low-key, something that you can set aside when not in use. Keep an eye out for compact models that can be easily be detached from their tripod or mount. Other good options include the tabletop telescopes that can easily be placed in a closet when not in use.
Look for telescopes that take light reduction seriously, with coated glass and blackened inner tubes. If you’ve ever tried apartment spying in the daylight with binoculars, you’ll know how invasive the streetlights can be.
As mentioned above, you can get a good-quality, apartment-spying telescope for a very reasonable price. There is no need to spend $1,000 on a telescope that is meant to view distant galaxies. The good news is, when not spying on your neighbours, these telescopes are great for viewing the moon and planets.
When people spying, often you’ll find yourself spying on a moving target. Look for telescopes that are manufactured with tracking in mind, including a good tripod and equatorial mount.
- Best Telescopes
- Best Telescopes Under $200
- Best Telescopes for Kids
- Best Reflector Telescopes
- Best Refractor Telescopes
- Best Beginner Telescopes
- Best Telescopes for Astrophotography
- Best Catadioptric Telescopes
- Best Dobsonian Telescope
- Best Cheap Telescope
- Best Telescope Eyepiece
- Best Amateur Telescope
- Best Telescope for Viewing Planets and Galaxies
- Best Telescope Under $300
- Best Telescope Under $100