Hunting is a popular pastime, hobby and way of life enjoyed by millions of people around the world. Just like ammunition, a quality set of binoculars is an important part of any hunter’s arsenal. Thankfully, many of the top names in the business offer very affordable devices to fit everyone’s needs. Take a look at our list below of some of the best products currently on the market.
Best Hunting Binoculars Under $300
Here are our reviews of the best hunting binoculars for under $300.
As their name implies, these binoculars were made for use in water and are highly functional in pretty much all-weather conditions imaginable.
- Fog proof and shock proof
- Built-in digital compass for navigation
- Completely buoyant if dropped in water
All Monarch 5 binoculars, from Nikon, are constructed using extra-low dispersion glass, delivering crystal clear, sharp images and a wide field of view making these binoculars a perfect choice for any hunter.
- Lightweight means these binoculars can be worn around the neck comfortably for long periods of time.
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups for individual-eye focusing
- Rubber armor body for strength and durability—fog proof and waterproof
If you love your hunting gear to be camouflaged, then you’ll love these high-powered binoculars from Bushnell.
- 340ft field of view
- Coated lenses for maximum light transmission
- Weather resistant—perfect for hunting in any conditions
These binoculars, from Celestron, are highly recommended for any hunters on a budget. Don’t let their low-price fool you, these binoculars come highly recommended by professionals and amateurs alike.
- Fog proof and water proof
- Fully coated optics for high definition images
- Rubber protective armor makes them durable and shock proof
Built with quality optics that produce stunning high-definition clarity, these binoculars, from Bushnell, are a must have item for any serious hunters.
- Bak-4 prisms and multi-coated optics
- 100% waterproof and fog proof
- Shock absorbing rubber armor for protection
Hunting Binoculars Under $300 Buyer’s Guide
As hunting binoculars tend to be put through a lot of strain and pressure, ensuring you purchase a quality pair that you can rely on is essential. Hunting often comes down seconds and you can’t have your binoculars fail you at the crucial moment. Our buyer’s guide is here to help you make the right decision, ensuring that you purchase the right pair of binoculars for all of your hunting and outdoor needs. Take a look below for some features to keep an eye out for when making your selection.
Make sure your binoculars are rain and fog proof, especially in regards to hunting. The last thing you want is to spot your target and put the binoculars to your eyes only to discover they have completely fogged over, or worse yet, broken completely due to waterlogging.
If you’re someone who often finds themselves in harsh environments, you’re going to want to have some well-constructed binoculars. Waterproof and fog proof features are a must, especially for hunters who don’t have time to be cleaning their lenses in the middle of a hunt.
Image stabilization is an important feature to keep an eye out for in any set of binoculars. The more zoomed in you are, the more unstable the image will be; even breathing can cause you to lose sight of your target. Many types of binoculars counter this issue by using liquid filled prisms and gyroscopes that compensate and correct this issue. Keep an eye out for binoculars that are built with this in mind.
One of the most important requirements when selecting a pair of binoculars for any activity is going to be sufficient magnification levels. When it comes to hunting, we recommend a model that has a magnification ration of 8X to 10X. Any magnification over 10X will cause your target image to become unstable with even the slightest movement —such as breathing— can cause you to lose sight of your target at the last moment.
- Best Binoculars
- Best 8×32 Binoculars
- Best 8×42 Binoculars
- Best 10×32 Binoculars
- Best 10×42 Binoculars
- Best 12×50 Binoculars
- Best Horse Racing Binoculars
- Best Image Stabilization Binoculars
- Best Marine Binoculars
- Best Safari Binoculars
- Best Rangefinder Binoculars
- Best Compact Binoculars
- Best Digital Camera Binoculars
- Best Binoculars for Kids
- Best Night Vision Binoculars
- Best Binoculars for Sporting Events
- Best Binoculars under $50
- Best Binoculars under $200
- Best Binoculars under $300
- Best Binoculars for Hunting
- Best Binoculars for Birding